Attorney Sherwin is a lawyer practicing . . .
My website isn’t written in third person for a reason: when you contact me (or my staff) you get a person: one who is interested in you and your legal needs.
I have years of experience assisting clients with a wide range of legal problems. I launched The Sherwin Law Firm to provide affordable, effective representation in Boston and the Greater Boston Region. Contact me to see how I can assist you today.
I graduated cum laude from Vermont Law School in 2010. In law school, I served as a senior staff editor for The Vermont Journal of Environmental Law and was a member of the General Practice Program–a “hands on” program that prepared me to work on real legal cases. I was selected as member of 2010’s Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges and became a published legal author.
I previously worked as a foreclosure defense attorney for a non-profit organization in Boston, where I assisted homeowners in foreclosure and post-foreclosure proceedings. My cases brought me into Housing Court, District Court, Superior Court, Land Court, Massachusetts Appeals Court, Supreme Judicial Court, and Federal Court, where I have successfully assisted many of my clients with working out long-term resolutions for their legal problems.
Since launching my own practice, I have assisted homeowners, landlords, and tenants with a variety of real estate matters, at trial and on appeal. I enjoy looking for ways to get my clients the best representation possible at a fair rate.
I’m licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, New York, Vermont, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts. When I’m not practicing law, I enjoy reading, biking, fishing, and listening to my favorite band: Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band!
I want to use my experience and passion for law to assist you with your important legal needs.
U.S. District Court of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- What Is an Acceleration Clause? Find Out Now Before You Mess Up Your Mortgage Realtor.com (May 2018)
- Court: Lis pendens appeals process can present ‘trap for unwary’ Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (May 2018)
- Peeping Drones? How Technology is Outpacing Privacy Laws Boston 25 News (May 2018)
- Defending Your Home Foreclosure: An Interview with Adam Sherwin of The Sherwin Law Firm MassRealty (July 2014)
- “Sighting” Wind Energy Facilities in Vermont: Finding the Right Balance between Societal Benefits and Aesthetic Burden Buffalo Environmental Law Journal (2009)
- Ten Technology Mistakes that Keep Solos from Looking Professional American Bar Association (2016)
- City of Malden Zoning Board of Appeal, Legal Member (2018)