Attorney Sherwin is a lawyer practicing . . .
My website isn’t written in the third person for a reason: when you contact me, you get a person: one who is interested in you and your legal needs.
I have years of experience assisting clients with a wide range of legal problems. I launched The Sherwin Law Firm to provide affordable, effective representation in Boston and the Greater Boston Region. Contact me to see how I can assist you today.
I’ve practice real estate litigation for the past eight years, with appearances in most courts across Massachusetts. I have tried numerous cases before judges and juries and have successfully brought matters to appeal.
Since launching my own practice, I have assisted homeowners, landlords, and tenants with a wide array of real estate matters, including contract disputes, boundary disputes, zoning appeals, foreclosure law, and landlord-tenant matters. I enjoy looking for ways to get my clients the best representation possible at a fair rate.
- Successful landlord-tenant jury trial in Massachusetts Housing Court
- Successful special motion to dismiss under Massachusetts’s anti-SLAPP law
- Favorable Superior Court trial decision in a real estate contract dispute
- Successful Land Court case obtaining adverse possession/easement by prescription for Massachusetts homeowners
- Favorable real estate appeal before Massachusetts Appeals Court
- Successful Superior Court summary judgment motion defending against an emotional distress claim
- Successful appeal overturning a Massachusetts foreclosure based on an invalid foreclosure notice
- Successful settlements on behalf of Massachusetts homeowners to avoid foreclosure
- Favorable Massachusetts Appeals Court decision concerning Massachusetts appellate procedure
- Successful representation of Massachusetts landlords in eviction proceedings
- Favorable Consumer Protection Law (“Chapter 93A”) decisions in Superior and Federal Court
- Successful representation of Massachusetts homeowners and businesses with zoning disputes
I want to use my experience and passion for law to assist you with your important legal needs.
U.S. District Court of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- LexisNexis Practical Guidance: Residential Foreclosure in Massachusetts (2020)
- Whose Land Is It Anyway? Lessons in Litigating Adverse Possession Disputes Massachusetts Bar Association Section Review (November/December 2019)
- “Sighting” Wind Energy Facilities in Vermont: Finding the Right Balance between Societal Benefits and Aesthetic Burden Buffalo Environmental Law Journal (2009)
- BBA Webinar: Lawyer for the Day in Housing Court Training: Limited Assistance Representation (LAR) Certification, Boston Bar Association (October 2020)
- Nonpayment of Rent Eviction Cases Post COVID-19, Massachusetts Bar Association (June 2020)
- Emotional Support Animals for Landords, MassLandlords (March 2020)
- Security Deposits 101 Boston Bar Association (March 2019)
- How to Make a Winning Eviction Case MassLandlords (January 2019)
- What to Do BEFORE the Foreclosure and Eviction Moratorium Ends Debt.com (February 2021)
- Appeals Court: Market value entails development potential – Breach of duty suit vs. foreclosing lender revived Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (April 2019)
- Lease clause fails to shield landlord from 93A liability Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (December 2018)
- What Is an Acceleration Clause? Find Out Now Before You Mess Up Your Mortgage Realtor.com (May 2018)
- Court: Lis pendens appeals process can present ‘trap for unwary’ Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (May 2018)
- Peeping Drones? How Technology is Outpacing Privacy Laws Boston 25 News (May 2018)
- Defending Your Home Foreclosure: An Interview with Adam Sherwin of The Sherwin Law Firm MassRealty (July 2014)
- Boston Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm Section (2017 – Present)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Real Estate Law Section (2019 – Present)
- National Eagle Scout Association (2015)
- City of Malden Zoning Board of Appeal, Legal Member (2018 – Present)
- MassLandlords, Inc., Instructor on Landlord-Tenant Law (2019 – Present)
I graduated cum laude from Vermont Law School in 2010. In law school, I served as a senior staff editor for The Vermont Journal of Environmental Law, was selected as a member of 2010s Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, and became a published legal author.