Help for Landlords
Being a landlord in Massachusetts isn’t easy. Massachusetts law covers virtually every aspect of the landlord-tenant relationship, and failure to comply with these rules can come with stiff penalties and consequences.
As a landlord-tenant attorney, I’ve enjoyed the opportunity to help Massachusetts landlords navigate tricky legal matters and reach effective resolutions to their legal problems. My help for landlords includes:
- Preparing leases and providing a general overview of Massachusetts landlord-tenant law
- Responding to tenant complaints and assisting with negotiations over landlord-tenant disputes
- Litigating evictions against tenants, including pre-trial litigation and trial advocacy
- Experience with commercial leases and evictions
What are the benefits of having an experienced landlord-tenant attorney on your side?
- Knowledge of the law. Massachusetts landlord-tenant law is complex and comes with many traps for the unwary. The security deposit law, for example, is one law that many landlords fail to comply with, which can lead to problems down the road. Having an experienced attorney who knows the law can help legal problems from arising in the first place.
- Experience with landlord and tenant clients. I represent landlords and tenants. This has given me excellent experience understanding the strengths and weaknesses from all sides in a landlord-tenant dispute.
- Trial experience. If your legal dispute ends up in court, you need an attorney who knows how to litigate a case. I have experience trying cases before judges and juries and pursuing cases on appeal.
If you’re a Massachusetts landlord, contact me for a consultation.